[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4572: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/et/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4574: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/et/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4575: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/et/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4576: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/et/common.php:1)
vegan products • Foreign corner • veg.ee foorum

vegan products

For non-estonian visitors. No registration required.

Moderaatorid: kiisutibu, k10, Obscura, tanel, Lennu

vegan products

PostitusPostitas Maria Theresa » 07 Nov 2011, 11:40

Tere! :)
Hi, i'm from Germany, doing my Erasmus semester here in Tallinn and i really love it!
Buuuut, since i unfortunately don't know much estonian (except several words concerning non-vegan food of course) it's pretty difficult to survive in the supermarket. Prisma does have a good offer of soy products (in comparison to german supermarkets), but what i haven't found so far are such healthy food stores, where they have a lot of vegan stuff. It's not a big problem, but let me know IF there is one in tallinn. (for example it would be great to have yeast flakes, vegan cheese and (wipped) cream...) It would help me a lot to demonstrate my non-vegan friends, how delicious vegan dishes are! ;)

AND one important thing: I haven't found any vegan margarine so far. Well, some i considered to be "100% taime", but i wasn't 100% sure.. maybe you could recommend some? Now, that the time for christmas cookies is coming, it's getting urgent ;)

Oh and if you have some other suggestions or advices for me, please let me know!

Suur aitäh!

Maria-Theresa
Maria Theresa
uudistaja

Tema on likenud postitusi: 0 korda
Tema postitusi on liketud: 5 korda

vegan products

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: vegan products

PostitusPostitas whitemagik » 07 Nov 2011, 12:07

Tere :)

I'm afraid Estonia has to disappoint you a little bit when it comes to yeast flakes, vegan cheese and whipped cream... As far as I know you can't buy yeast flakes in our grocery stores. Although you can get some sort of whipped cream (can be used both whipped and non-whipped) in Solaris, Stockmann and I think in Prisma as well (http://www.elujanu.ee/images/stories/ku ... avispi.png) Unfortunately no widely spread cheese alternatives on our shelves :( You can get Cheezly in some eco-stores, but I'm not that familiar with eco-stores in Tallinn. Keiju margarine (at least the light one) and Becel should be vegan. I guess Solaris would be your best choice for vegan alternatives.

I recommend you try and browse this topic here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81&hilit=vegan+margariin&start=800 (Vegan foods in Estonian grocery stores) - you should find product names and some photos, try Google Translator? :P
Kasutaja avatar
whitemagik
foorumi aktivist

Tema on likenud postitusi: 282 korda
Tema postitusi on liketud: 484 korda

PostitusPostitas lumehelves » 07 Nov 2011, 16:00

Tere!

You can get vegan cheese from either Mahemarket (Mustamäe tee 3A) or Parim Pood (Herne 6). The Ökosahver (Mulla 6a) doesn't have that much of a choice. As regards cream - Selver has started selling Alpro soy cream.

How to get to Mahemarket: take no. 1 trolly-bus from Kaubamaja stop (direction Mustamäe) to the Hipodroomi stop.
Pilt

How to get to Parim Pood: take bus no. 16 from either Vabaduse väljak bus stop (direction Tallinn-Väike) or Estonia stop, which is right next to Solaris to Veerenni stop. which is right next to the shop (just cross the road).
Pilt
“If we put ourselves in the place of other beings without power – that’s the beginning of change” - Sue Coe
Kasutaja avatar
lumehelves

Tema on likenud postitusi: 65 korda
Tema postitusi on liketud: 126 korda

PostitusPostitas Maria Theresa » 07 Nov 2011, 22:31

Wow! thank you guys so much!!!
Because of your advices my day was pretty "successful":
- bought becel margarine and used it for peanutbutter chocolate chip cookies!
- found whipped cream!!!
- still totally excited about the existence of the stores AND also their location! (It just can't be a coincidence that Mahemarket is in my neighbourhood and both trolley 1 and bus 16 are "my" transports to the city! ;) )

so, the next cookies that are going to be eaten are dedicated to you!

See [kasutaja Maria Theresa] postitus meeldib 5-le inimesele:
annika, Kessu, lmv, Obscura, whitemagik
Maria Theresa
uudistaja

Tema on likenud postitusi: 0 korda
Tema postitusi on liketud: 5 korda

Mine Foreign corner

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 1 külaline